||[Jun. 28th, 2006|03:41 pm]
Misty Marie Wilmot.
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.|
Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.
1. Baby, I'm gonna leave you. I said, baby, you know I'm gonna leave you.
2. You moved like honey in my dream, last night.
3. Every time you point your finger, three more point back at you; I'm not sayin' it's something wrong with life, 'cause that's a sad excuse.
4. Whenever I come back, the air on Railroad is making the same sound, and the the shop fronts on Holly are dirty words.
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd
6. Laura, are you still living there on your estate of sorrow? You used to leave it occasionally, but now you don't even bother.
7. Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me; I'm not sleepy, & there is no place I'm going to.
8. If I'm just a slave to my high school days, then when does a boy become a man?
9. There's a salt water film on the jar of your ashes; I threw them to sea, but a gust blew them backwards & the sting in my eyes that you then inflicted was par for the course, just as when you were living.
10. Spent my days with a woman unkind; smoked my stuff & drank all my wine.
11. I was hanging with the fellas, saw you with your new boyfriend; it made me jealous.
12. I'd give a twenty-one gun salute with the toy rifle that you bought me, but it won't shoot.
13. If you've got leavin' on your mind, tell me now, get it over; hurt me now, get it over, if you've got leavin' on your mind.
14. You'll never see the courage I know; its colour's richness won't appear within your view.
15. I don't want to be the filler if the void is solely yours.
I'm doin' this tonight; you're probably going to start a fight; I know this can't be right, hey, baby, come on.
Bye, Bye, Bye, Nsync
Gonna make a mistake; gonna do it on purpose; gonna waste my time, 'cause I'm full as a tick & I'm scratching at the surface.
Mistake, Fiona Apple
18. There's no beginning to this story, a bookshelf sinks into the sand, and a language learned & forgot, in turn, is studied once again.
19. Driving off through the downtown streets, I am all alone.
20. I'm a hustla, homie, got the product - narcotics for the customers.
21. Oh, whatcha gonna do, Katie? You're a sweet, sweet girl, but it's a cruel, cruel world.
22. Emily tries, but misunderstands; she's often inclined to borrow somebody's dreams until tomorrow.
And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you'd feel me, somehow; you're the closest to Heaven that I'll ever be, & I don't want to go home right now.
Iris, The Goo Goo Dolls
I go out walking after midnight, out in the moonlight, just like we used to do; I'm always walking after midnight, searching for you.
Walking After Midnight, Patsy Cline
25. Man, I promise she's so self-conscious; she has no idea what she's doing in college.
26. I know she told you, Honey I know she told you that she loved you much more than I did, but all I know is that she left you, and you swear that you just don’t know why, but you know, honey I’ll always, I’ll always be around if you ever want me.
27. These arms of mine, they are lonely, lonely & feeling blue. These arms of mine, they are yearning, yearning from wanting you.
28. Hey, hey baby, I wanna know if you'll be my girl. Hey, hey baby, I wanna know if you'll be my girl. When I saw you walkin' down the street, I said 'That's the kinda gal I'd like to meet. She's so pretty; Lord, she's fine. I wanna make her mine, all mine.'
29. Sometimes, I think this cycle never ends; we slide from top to bottom, & we turn & climb again, & it seems - by the time I have figured what it's worth - the squeaking of our skin against the steel has gotten worse.
How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man? How many seas must the white dove sail, before she sleeps in the sand? Yes, and how many times must the cannonballs fly, before they are forever banned?
Blowin' in the Wind, Bob Dylan
I love you, livejournal friends.